Monday 23 January 2012

23/366 - A Ramble Through Greenwich

I decided to go for a bit of a wander with Pickle today, with the intention of eventually ending up at the National Maritime Museum, but neither heading there directly nor with any planned route.  So I jumped off the train a stop early at Maze Hill, a station I'd never been to before.  On entering Greenwich Park from a side I'd never come from before, I discovered a completely different park - much more open and less inhabited.  We headed straight up the hill, towards the North West and then into the centre of the park, up and down quite steep slopes.

Heading up the first hill, I realised that 9 or 10 months ago, I would have struggled to walk up that hill with my SPD even without pushing Pickle in the pram.  In fact, even 3 or 4 months ago, I would have found it painful... but I was doing fine.  Pickle was getting tired and a bit bored in the pram, so I bundled on the Moby wrap for some baby-wearing time, which we both love. Sure, I'm a bit sore now, but hopefully after a good night's sleep (fingers crossed!), I'll be fine tomorrow.

23/366

We got all the way across to the Observatory, which is the subject of today's picture; I took it as I was heading back down the hill towards the museum, where I grabbed a bite to eat and wandered around.  There are some fantastic photo opportunities inside, and since it seems to be my latest "hang", no doubt there will be some further photos featured from here soon.

Cheers, KangaRue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!