Monday 30 January 2012

29/366 - Brunch with Friends

My lovely friend Cathy (who I originally met through Twitter) came over from Sweden this weekend, on one of her regular trips to her beloved London.  I was lucky enough to catch up with her over brunch with some other girlie friends at The Swan at Shakespeare's Globe - a surprisingly elegant venue with a tasty brunch.  Pickle tagged along of course.  But this photo isn't of Cathy and Pickle (he fell asleep before I thought to get a photo of the two of them together), instead it is of Pickle and Lulah enjoying their food.  It's not the first time they've brunched together, but the first they've been seated together in high chairs, and it was a delight to watch.

29/366

Brunch was delicious - a perfectly executed Eggs Benedict for me, though I prefer creamed spinach as an addition.  A great Virgin Mary though - loved that it was called a Bloody Shame!  Pickle enjoyed some bread, spinach and ham.  I would definitely go back here for brunch again, and the Sunday roast looked superb.

Cheers, KangaRue :)

2 comments:

  1. I had a ball - especially watching Lulah trying to steal Pickles food! The roast beef was amazing....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!