Sunday 1 January 2012

Project 365* - A Photo a Day

I love the idea of taking a photo a day to reflect back on the year.  I will endeavor to post them here at least weekly, but ideally more often.  Sometimes I'll include details, but no doubt there will be "silent" posts too.

We spent New Years Eve with good friends, having a fun and relaxing evening, though Pickle has his first cold and is not currently the cheeriest.  Today we caught up with some other friends, and I was seriously impressed with their Gingerbread House.  While I didn't think to get a photo before we started demolition, it was fairly early on in the process...

1/366*


It was a quick snap with my camera phone - after getting home at 2am, Pickle still wanted to get up at 7am and I almost forgot about Project 365 in my sleepiness.  So it will be good to see my photography hopefully develop throughout the year (no pun intended).

* While it's known as Project 365, 2012 is a leap year so there will be 366 photos.

Cheers, KangaRue

4 comments:

  1. Kanga_Rue, I love that you're doing a Project 365. I decided to do one as well and just started today as well. If you get a chance check it out - looking forward to seeing what your life in pictures will lead you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning and I am *so* pinching those ideas for next year! Is that a curly wurly fence? And Matchsticks as the woodpile? Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, curly wurly fence & match stick firewood. There was also a pond & veggie patch as well as the plants around the base of the house made out of various jellies. Unfortunately you can't see the boozy chocolate mountain on the inside of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has got to be the best Gingerbread House I've ever seen! It's more about the things included, not the colour. So realistic and true to life!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!