Sunday 29 January 2012

26/366 - Mussels

BoyWonder and I had a lovely meal out at the Tudor Barn.  My foie gras parfait was light and fluffy, and BoyWonder's mussels were a success unlike the last couple of times he'd eaten them.  For mains, we had steaks which were perfectly cooked.  Pickle enjoyed some of the onion bread that came with the mussels, as well as some of the broccoli that we had as a side with our mains!

26/366

As a member of their VIP club, I received a bottle of bubbles to celebrate my birthday, but the glass each of South African Riebeek Shiraz Reserve was a full-flavoured delight when paired with our steaks.  Wines are available in three sizes of glasses as well as by the bottle, and are priced as a percentage of the bottle, with no additional mark-up, which was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately - and surprisingly for me - none of the desserts particularly appealed.  Service was relaxed, and the Tudor Barn exceeded our expectations, especially being a local restaurant.

Cheers, KangaRue :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you save any for your friends? It looks and sounds fabulous

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!